Complete And Partial Denture Services
Dentures are artificial replacements of your natural teeth and gums. There are two types of dentures, partial and complete. Partial dentures are made up of one or more artificial teeth held in place by clasps that fit onto adjacent natural teeth. Partial dentures can be removed easily for cleaning at night. Complete dentures (often called false teeth) are used when all natural teeth are missing. Complete dentures are also removed easily as they are held in place by suction.
Caring For Your Dentures
For people who have lost several or all of their teeth, a well fitting denture can make all the difference in allowing them to maintain a regular diet and an active social life. As a result it is important to take good care of your dentures. Here are a few tips you will want to remember:
- Brush the denture daily to prevent staining and plaque buildup. Always use a brush specifically designed for dentures and a denture cleaning toothpaste to avoid damage to the denture
- Rinse your denture and submerge it in a denture cleaning solution after brushing.
- Remove your dentures at night to allow your gum tissue to breathe.
- Store your denture in water when you are not wearing it. This will prevent the denture from drying out and becoming stiff.
- Never try to make adjustments to the fit of your dentures at home. Without the proper tools, materials and training you could seriously damage your dentures and harm yourself.
- Avoid over-the-counter glues. They can contain harmful chemicals that may cause damage to your dentures.
- Maintain a regular schedule with your dentist so that he or she can keep an eye on the fit and condition of your denture and to ensure that the tissue under the dentures remains healthy.
Put On Your Best Smile
The eyes may be the windows to the soul, but a beautiful smile can be life’s greatest door opener. Please feel free to call our office if you are concerned about the appearance of your teeth or smile, any of our staff members will be happy to answer your every question.
Our clinical laboratory testing is held to very high state and federal regulatory standards. We are constantly adding new services with extra features to provide the best services at the best prices.